Monday, January 20, 2014

Project Life – Week 3

 

Week 3: January 13, 2014 - January 10, 2014


This past week has been a blessing to me.   For starters I want to talk about my tattoo.  I have a Hamsa or Hand of Fatima tattooed on my back.  Many people have asked me what Hamsa means to me since I’m Catholic and Hamsa is actually popular throughout the Middle East and North Africa. Well, Hamsa is believed to provide defense against the evil eye, boost fertility and lactation, promote healthy pregnancies and strengthen the weak.  And as some or all of you may know I have been struggling with infertility for quite some time and I always wanted a tattoo, I decided to go with this one.  I’ve had it for a while now but this is maybe the second time I post it publicly. 


Now returning to this week/weekend recap; we took our fur-baby Knela to the veterinarian to get her vaccines and also she had an ear infection and I wanted to get her some meds.  Well after the vaccines she was all day sleeping either on my husband’s or my chest.  Since she’s sort of our little baby she was being spoiled. 


Yesterday (Jan 19) was my birthday and what I thought was going to be a not so good day turned out being totally the opposite.  My husband took me to a Chinese Buffet where I have to admit I ate so much seafood and sushi, I was in heaven lol.  Then he gave me gave me 4 amazing gifts: two pendants for my Pandora bracelet (NY Yankees & The Statue of Liberty) since I was born and raised, he also gave me the Alex and Ani Fish Bracelet with symbolizes fertility and for my beauty collection he got me a nude MAC lipstick (The shade is Hug Me) since I’m always in dark colors and I have to say he chose wisely because it looks beautiful.  And last my brother in law surprised me with his wife and kids with a birthday cake at my place. 




I cried so much, I was overwhelmed.  I woke up being so grumpy and mad because of some things that had happened that day and I had told my husband how I thought this was going to be the worst birthday ever.  And meanwhile he and his brother had it all planed for me to have a great day.  I am one truly blessed woman.  One of my missions for this year is to give thanks everyday for everything God gives me and takes away from me.  I cannot complain I have the best husband and the best family ever.  


Lets learn to be grateful!!! 


 photo MelSignature_zps8dfc1870.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Being grateful is so key to happiness. ;) Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete