Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Are You A Nagging Wife?


Have you ever sat down to evaluate yourself and realized that you actually are a nagging wife?  I was sitting down a while back and I sure did realize I was one of those constantly complaining wives.  See, every time I saw something I did not like from my husband I would nag him about it.  I was thinking that if I nagged he would change; not realizing that in the future this could have damaged our relationship.  When we got married I wasn’t going to church but I knew that somewhere in the bible it said “wives submit to your husband” and there is another part that said something about “being better to live in a desert land than with a quarrelsome and fretful woman”.

It is better to live in a desert land than with a quarrelsome and fretful woman.

-Proverbs21:19


Submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ. Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. Husbands love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.

Now you believe me?  Well continuing… I would continuously nag to my husband “you’re not doing this, you’re not doing that, why are you this way, you need to change and so on”.  I wanted him to grow (NO, actually I wanted him to be how I imagined marriage to be). 

Did I change? Yes!!! Was it hard?  Extremely hard!!!

I have to thank God every day because my husband ignored my nagging.  I know he would get upset his face would say it all but he never once argued with me.  And I’m thankful for that, he had patience with me.  How did I change?  I began to have a personal relationship with God. I wanted to grow deeper and walk with Christ; I wanted God to be the center of my marriage. I began to communicate instead of nagging. I saw better results when I spoke in a smooth way rather than in an arguing way. 

My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.” 

Once I began to talk to my husband with gentleness, I stopped nagging and belittling him, once I started to pray for me to change I needed that change, I SAW HIM CHANGE.  He started doing things on his own; I didn’t need to ask for help.  To me it was a miracle.

Ladies… if you constantly nag, belittle and embarrass/humiliate your husband, he will never change but the situation will get worst.  Now if let him know how thankful you are that he’s in your life, that he’s a hard worker, how happy you are because he fixed something or just happy because he’s home with you BELIEVE me he will change on its own.

Remember it takes two to make a marriage work and you have your flaws too.  Nobody is perfect therefore you are not perfect.  Don’t expect a perfect man.  Your husband (at least I know mine does) has to deal with the world and other people nagging on him all day, the last thing he wants is to open the door of your home and hear you nagging at him too. 

He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Every relationship needs to have trust,balanced equality,never have to hurt your love by any kind of cheating being micro or what's ever, so also needs to have openness and accountability.happy home is how we maintain the trust between us. A pattern of not hiding, being accountable and openly builds the trust.You deserve to know the truth, save yourself time and emotion wasted on a cheating partner,mine abandoned me on a sick bed for some reasons that baffled my understanding. I found out he has been sleeping with my best friend.All thanks to ''hackingloop6@ g m a i l . com'' for their investigative and hacking service that helped me gain access to all my husband's phone activities remotely,it hurts to know that the one you trusted could be cheating on you, cheating sucks. Hackingloop is also reachable,he is truly a reliable genius.,You would be surprised how much information you can uncover from a spouse phone. Don't give 'em a head start on their deceit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes i know the truth now Michael is the right man who can help in getting access to any social media account without leaving any traces they charge less and they work fast contact them and be happy.
    Contact him cyberlord582@gmail.com
    whatsapp or text +1 518 468 2985

    ReplyDelete