Sunday, September 7, 2014

A Letter To My Husband On Our Second Anniversary


My dearest J

Unfortunately we will not be able to share our second anniversary or exchange any kind of gifts due to long distance, so I have chosen to write you a post since I know you are my #1 reader. 

Two years ago today, on a hot yet beautiful day, we drove all the way to the courthouse in jeans and a t-shirt looking for information little did we know that a couple of minutes later we were saying I DO.  We promised to spend the rest of our lives together, to love each other during good and bad times. 


And today September 7th, 2014, two years later I can say that I will always keep this promise.  Please forgive me for the times when I would not be patient; forgive me for the constant nagging,  forgive me for the times I haven’t been kind, when my tongue has been quicker and sharper than my head and my heart, forgive me when I forget to be humble.  And finally, forgive me for the times I did not trust you, and the times I look to the future with worry instead of hope and faith. 

Thank you for keeping me stabled, for helping me understand the beauty of love.  Thank you for being on this journey with me, thank you for loving me and respecting me and my family.  Thank you for protecting me from those who tried to break us down.
Two years ago I made the best decision of my live without any hesitation in my mind.  I knew God put you in my life for a reason.  Today I get to say that I am the happiest woman in the world and I do not regret becoming Mrs. M.  Our marriage is an adventure, so thank you M, thank you for giving me glimpses of the Lord’s love for me, thank you for loving Knela, thank you for loving me and thank you for just being you. 


If I had to do this all over again I would certainly do it a million times of course with you.  And I pray that God protects you always and may He be with you during your classes; in the end I k now you will graduate AIT and I know you will be so happy.  I love you my dear husband and future daddy of our miracle soon to come baby. 

Always and forever yours!!! 

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Happy 2nd Anniversary!!! Still love that you went to City Hall just the two of you. :)

    ReplyDelete