Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Before The Big Move

January has been a busy month for us especially with this big leap to Italy.  These are my January goals and basically what my schedule looks like before we leave Fort Bragg, NC

~ Last dinner date with J
My boss was so kind enough to give me a gift card for Outback Steakhouse for Christmas.  And I decided to hold on to it so that hubs and I can have our last dinner together here in Fort Bragg.  J leaves this week to Italy and we won’t see each other til March so I want everything to be special.

~ Ship our Car Overseas
J has been doing the maintenance on our Highlander and it is also scheduled be taken to the port in South Carolina.

~ Movers
Movers are scheduled to pick up our shit furniture next week.  So I have been busy doing laundry, donating things we do not want, organizing what goes and what stays, taking down our picture frames and wall art; and basically cleaning out the apartment.

~ Buy clothes
I’m trying to bring a whole new set of wardrobe to Italy for the hubs and I.  This is not a priority but it sure does makes my stress levels go down lol.

~ Organize my Suitcases
Since the movers will be taking the furniture and some of my clothing I set aside the basics which I will be using for the remaining of the days I have left here in NC, for Puerto Rico and for our new home. 

~ Visit my Family & Friends in Puerto Rico
I’ve repeatedly said how much of a family person I am and there is no way I will move so far without seeing my loves.  So I’ll be flying to Puerto Rico and spending a whole month with my family and visiting some of my friends.  It’s going to be so hard to say goodbye and it’s definitely going to be a hell of a challenge to keep in contact with the time zone difference that we will be having. 


post signature

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine what it takes to move abroad like you are! Like moving your car?! Omg, I wouldn't have even thought of that! Sounds like you've got things pretty well under control though! Can't believe you're moving to Italy!

    ReplyDelete