Saturday, December 12, 2015

Day 12: Contentment & Retrieval

Contentment ~ Being grateful with what we have.

Don’t get me wrong I am grateful or content with everything God has given my throughout all my years of living.  Yet when it came to the topic of children I was discontent, frustrated, sad.  It was very hard for me to accept the fact that at my age I still didn’t have children of my own.  And I had to work with this part of my life everyday. 

It is now after almost a year that I can to accept whatever circumstance or whatever journey God has for me.  I have two beautiful nieces one handsome nephew and one princess Goddaughter who are my life right now.  For all these 4 I would do anything that I can possibly do to make them happy.  I’ve learned to be content and it may seem hard but it is possible.

God I know that being content is not easy but with You everything is possible.  I pray that your provide contentment with who we are, what we have and where you are leading us.  ~Amen

P.S. Retrieval

The night before our egg retrieval I could not sleep because of how excited I was for retrieval.  At the same time I was terrified of the “what if’s”.  Everything was looking great prior to today; I had 24 follicles during my scan.  After retrieval and after I woke up of the anesthesia we met with the doctor and all I heard was

“I’m so sorry”. 

Out of 24 follicles in my scan we ended up with 4 during retrieval.  1 of these was poor quality the three remaining were perfect. After he spoke I asked him to repeat again.  So apparently he doesn’t really know why this happened but he’s inclining more to the trigger shot.  He believes it wasn’t as strong as he thought it would be.



I cried myself to sleep this afternoon but then I realized about what today consisted of.  Day 12 is all about CONTENTMENT.  This is not the end for us we are happy with these four follicles; we know God has a purpose with us.  And we have already spoken about Plan B if worst case scenario.  In the mean time we are praying and exploring Czech while we wait for answers in regards to our 4 follies. 

God is so good.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment