Friday, February 16, 2018

Burn With Love: Ash & Syd Soy Candles

My sister once told me that our olfactory system, which is just a fancy word for “sense of smell,” is the part of your sensory system most closely tied to vivid memories.  And in my opinion she is completely right.  Every scent I have chosen whether if it’s a candle, a perfume or even a flower; each has a memory or emotion for me. 

One of the too many things I have in common with my sister is the love for candles.  My sister Dixie had a passion for candles that she transformed her passion and founded what today is Ash & Syd Candles; but they are not just candles they are made with soy.  And if you didn’t know Soy candles are non-toxic, so they won't release toxins into the air as they burn.  And they last longer and have better scent.  I took some time asking her about her journey and I’d love to share a little more her story.

Dixie: “Quite movie like (but without the cameras and supporting cast) it happened. I stood in the middle of my living room, robe tied, curtains drawn and out loud I asked, "If you like them so much, why don't you make them?" - so that's exactly what I did.
Ash & Syd candles were created by my own wild ambition, but they are inspired by the two most beautiful things I have ever made: my daughters. Ashley, my calm and collected ocean, who ripples and waves, but always leaves me feeling safe at shore. And Sydney, my delicate rose, whose spirit and scent was truly crafted for the heavens. I pour my heart and soul (and of course soy) into my candles so that you may burn a little bit of the love that I feel each day knowing that I am making someone's day...someone's world, just a little bit brighter.”

With the foundation of Ash & Syd Candles comes a series of scents:

Brooklyn - A rich scent of balsamic greens and grapefruits. 
New York - Vibrating scents of sea salt and orchids. 
Citronella - Keep the bugs away.
Ashley - For our beach bums.
Sydney - For our rose scent lovers.
Love - For our lustful secret admirers.
Citrus - For those who love fresh, vibrant yet subtle scents.
Summer Love - A mixture of pineapple and coconuts
Relax - Just imagine a day in a spa
Gardenia - Like the flower that symbolizes love, harmony and grace
Buddha - For our peace seekers.
Him - For our strong men, or women.
Pumpkin Spice - Seasonal candle
Christmas Scent - Seasonal candle

You can purchase these amazing candles at http://ashsydsoycandles.bigcartel.com and you can also follow the Ash and Syd Candles journey on Instagram @ashluvsyd and Facebook @ashsydsoycandles.









No comments:

Post a Comment