Friday, May 11, 2018

Wellness Friday || Getting Keto Crazy

Hello ya’ll, I’ve decided to do a new session on my blog just to talk a little about wellness, health and fitness.  You see… about a month ago I went to my doctor because I had all sorts of symptoms and I was not feeling myself.  So after some tests and because I have PCOS, Hypothyroid and suffer from vitamin D deficit he decided to put me on the Keto diet.  

Not only did my primary doctor suggested the Keto Diet, but the IVF Clinic we have chosen to restart our fertility journey as well highly recommends Keto because it helps to decrease inflammation, boost your metabolism, lose weight and help improve with egg quality. 

What is Keto (short for the Ketogenic Diet)?

The ketogenic diet is essentially a very low carb, moderate protein, and high fat diet that will allow your body to fuel itself without the use or need of glucose or high levels of carbohydrates.

Before I started keto I was eating a very high carb diet: rice, pizza, pasta, pastries, you know how it all goes.
What are Macros?

Macronutrients, or macros, are the three ways (fat, protein and carbs) in which our bodies produce energy.

Am I supposed to hit my macros every day?

Think about it…

Fat is a lever. It is designed to keep you full. 

Protein is a goal. Very IMPORTANT -- If you’re losing weight, you want to make sure you’re eating enough protein so you’re not also losing muscle.

Carbs are a limit. Don’t go above your allotted daily net carbs. 

What About Cheat Days?

NO, NO & NOOOO!!!  Keto is about changing your relationship with food.  It is not a diet for a month or two is a lifetime kind of thing.  At least this is how I see it. BUT… If you were to cheat, or are in plans too… keep this as a friendly reminder and don’t say I didn’t tell you because I’m talking by experience, you’ll likely feel awful/sick the next day because of how your body will react to carbs after getting used to not having them.

And just a little disclaimer I am no doctor, nutritionist or any other sort of wellness guru.  I just want to share what I’m doing and my progress.  Pictures will be posted soon. With all this being said I hope you all have a great weekend!!!

5 comments:

  1. Personally I think overjoyed I discovered the blogs.

    keto diet what to eat

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a natural health doctor, you will embark on innovative medicine and ancient healing arts, and will apply learned skills and knowledge to help in healing. The modern natural health doctor may facilitate Eastern medicine like acupuncture, Tuina, Chinese herbal medicine, and Qi gong. In addition, other practice essentials may include treatment through homeopathy, bodywork therapeutics, holistic medicine, and naturopathic medicine. Other treatment options that a natural health doctor might apply include color therapy, hypnotherapy and chiropractic medicine. what to eat at chick fil a with diabetes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quickly this particular site may irrefutably gain popularity in between just about all running a blog as well as site-building people, in order to it's diligent articles or maybe evaluations. keto recipe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rapidly this website may irrefutably end up being well-known amongst just about all running a blog individuals, because of its persistent content articles or even evaluations. keto recipe

    ReplyDelete