Thursday, July 24, 2014

Road Trip Essentials


The hubs, my sister, nephew and I will be heading to Orlando, Florida tonight on a small road trip.  We begin our drive right after I get off work at 5:00 pm so most likely between stops and traffic we will be getting there at around 1:30 in the morning.  I know that we will be alternating the drive so that each one can rest. 

Let’s be real; road trips and amusement parks are both exciting and draining.  We will have tons of things to do… I mean, c’mon! It’s Disney and last time I went I was around 5 years old.  So I just feel like a little kid! 

If it weren't for the fact that I tend to make lists of everything every time we go on short and long trips, we probably wouldn't survive. 

Check below to see what I packed and how it will help us during our ride and our stay in hot and fun Orlando, Florida!


 Snacks

Smart Water:   This one is especially for me; I have been drinking this brand since it contains electrolytes which helps prevent OHSS (Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome)

Orbit Gum:  Between Coffee and Gum I can keep myself awake.  And Bubblemint is my favorite flavor.

Nature Valley:  A little snack in case we get hungry.

Coffee:  Caffeine is my best friend in road trips; even if I’m not driving at least I’ll be of good company. 

5-Hour Energy:   This is the hubs favorite; I personally don’t drink them and although I tried it once I don’t think it help me at all.

Entertainment

Iphone: Between Pandora and the only game I have for years please don’t make fun of me “Temple Run”  I’ll be just fine while being of company.

Movies: We plan on bringing all sorts of movies for the kiddo.  And my best bet would be Step Up because he loves music and dancing.  It runs in our latino blood.

Charger:  Since I’m always on my phone my battery doesn’t last me not even an hour :)  so I definitely need my car charger and also for the hotel. 

Necessities

Fiat Bag:  When I moved to NC my first car was a Fiat 500 Cabrio; I was in love with my little FiFi but unfortunately it was too small for our road trips and decided to change it.  But they gave me a traveling bag which I use for small trips and I love it. 

Sony Camera:  I love my Sony camera especially because I capture every little detail.  It’s a great memory for when we grow old.

Sun block/Suntan Lotion: For some reason I tend to use sun block only in my face and suntan lotion on my arms.  But my favorite brand for both is the LorealSun Block Lotion and the Hawaiian Topic Suntan Lotion. 

Coach Crossbody Bag: My Coach Signature Ikat Swingpack is no longer in the Market but I only use it for road trips and amusement parks since all I need to put there is light weighted stuff like id’s, makeup and my cash and cards. 

Cosmetic Pouch:  Since we will just be 3 days at the Theme Parks I will only bring my favorite items which is my BB Cream, MAC Powder, MAC Bronzer, Neutral Eye Shadow, Mascara, MAC Hug Me Lipstick and MAC Girl About Town Lipstick


post signature

1 comment: